Monday, July 02, 2007

Sugar and Spice...and Pink and Lace

We had a Tea Party for Ellie's 5th Birthday. I'm not sure who had more fun....Ellie and her friends or me scouring vintage shops, thrift stores and fabric shops. The girls were adorable in their hats, gloves and jewelry sipping their tea/pink lemonade in real china teacups. For me, this birthday signifies a turnover for Ellie. She is now a "big girl". Everything around me tells me so. From having to shop in the "big girl" section of stores, to watching her carefully sip from a china cup, to her asking to call Adah on the phone "just to talk". I am misty-eyed just thinking about it. I know, though, that I will always look back on these pictures and smile as I think about how she still wants her soft blanket and bear before going to bed and needs "hugs, smoochies and kisses" before I can leave her anywhere. Now the tears are flowing freely.






2 comments:

michellenotdawn said...

Wow...I still can't believe she's 5. Where has the time gone? They are beautiful pictures.

Darcy said...

Too much fun! I can't wait to replicate your creativity for a tea party for one of my girls one day!! Calling just to talk? That makes me cry!