Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Bug Song

My daughter likes to make up songs with me to sing at bedtime. This is one we made up that she now keeps requesting to sing all the time. It's not the best but Ellie likes it. /Being musically challanged I have no way of expressing the tune of the song we use.

"The Bug Song"
Do you want to snuggle with a bug in a rug or a bug in a jug (admittedly the weakest line in the song)
...Not me Not me
Do you want to snuggle with a bug in a rug or a bug in a jug
...Not me Not me

Do you want to snuggle with a prickly porkypine and all of his prickles (this is where I poke/tickle like prickles)
...Not me Not me
Do you want to snuggle with a prickly porkypine and all of his prickles
...Not me Not me

Do you want to snuggle with a big oh shark with his big sharp teeth (this is where I say "chomp chomp" and make a chomping motion with arms and fingers)
...Not me Not me
Do you want to snuggle with a big oh shark with his big sharp teeth
...Not me Not me
Do you want to snuggle with a bubble bee in a bubble bee tree (this is where I say "bzz bzz" and poke/tickle)
...Not me Not me
Do you want to snuggle with a bubble bee in a bubble bee tree
...Not me Not me
END

2 comments:

Sandra Bennage said...

Carey, seriously, you are like a black belt level mom...I would have given up after the first verse!

Spencer said...

I would love to take credit for that song, but that was ALL Spencer. What an awesome dad he is!

You have to love a man who makes up songs like that with his daughter, then goes to sleep with a sword next to his bed, should he need it...well, at least I have to..;-)