Wednesday, August 23, 2006

VOTE in Florida!!!

It is that time of year again... Where we cringe at the ridiculous number of radio and TV election ads and random people flash their signs and wave at you like you knew them. All the candidates seem to be pro-family, pro-schools, pro-business, pro-environment, pro-sunshine, pro-oxygen and pro-baby chicks. I'm still waiting for the candidate that is against all these things.
Check your SAMPLE BALLOT
Here is my own candidate ratings.

Governor (Primary): (A change of heart...After more detailed research I'm switching my pick to Charlie....barely, see hyper links)
Charlie Christ (weird guy, agree with some of his positions, seems more honest than Gallagher, I'm reluctantly voting for him)

Tom Gallagher (a little too slimy, I agree with most of his current spoken politics, "used to be" pro-abortion)


US Senator (Primary):
LeRoy Collins Jr. (I don't know and can't find much on this guy)
Katherine Harris (former pick for the primary although not much chance of winning the overall election)

William "Will" McBride (I didn't realize that I knew him until BP pointed it out, I like him, my new pick)

Peter Monroe



Chief financial Officer for Florida (This is a new state position to vote for, hard to choose)
Milt Bauguess (is Competent, not a lawyer, not a career politician)

Randy Johnson (is Qualified, Reducing Home owner's insurance is his central platform)

Tom Lee (former State Senator for several years, is being backed by Jeb Bush, my pick)



MORE TO COME

6 comments:

michellenotdawn said...

Woohoo! I love it when 'Penser gets to talking politics!

Jim Lehman said...

Good work, Spencer!

A couple of thoughts:

1. You mentioned that Gallagher seems a bit slimy to you. I feel that way about Crist. My father-in-law lived in his district while he was in the Legislature. He likened him to a snake oil salesman. Gallagher is a career politician and now with JEB(!)'s popularity, he seems to be a born again conservative. But, like you, I'll probably vote for him.

2. Do you remember William/"Will"/"Willie" McBride? He used to hang out at the BSU during our time there, mostly during the days (I can't remember him at stuff like Encounter). I also worked with him at Morningside when he was the youth minister there. I didn't realize it was him until I saw the write-up in the paper this past week.

3. I think Bro. Bush (the President) is making me a Democrat.
Now you can pray for my soul.

BP

Christopher Bennage said...

Did Willie play football at FSU? (3rd string QB?)

Christopher Bennage said...

Oh, and "Penser". Interesting.

Spencer said...

Yes, "Willie" was third string quarterback at FSU. Kind of a goofball. I like him.

CRKB IT SOLUTION PVT LTD said...

Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this.
Best Architects in Indore
Best Interior designers in indore

i heard about this blog & get actually whateveri was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
flaxseed oil
Approved Auditor in JAFZA
Approved Auditor in DMCC


I always search such wonderful blog and after so many efforts finally I got you. Keep writing the same
Pharmacy home delivery in UAE
Pharmacy near Business Bay