Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Over the Rainbow Dirge



People often plan the songs they want played at weddings, anniversaries, and parties.
Have you ever thought of what songs you want played at your funeral?
For me, one song I want played is "Somewhere over the rainbow" by hawaiian singer Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoole. It is one of the most haunting (in a good way) songs I have ever heard. The idea of somewhere over the rainbow makes me think of heaven and the hymn "I'll fly away".
Carey has said that she wants the song by Michael W. Smith. "This is your Time.", a song I like as well. She hopes that she can "swim in the sea, drink of the deep." Message in the song: living life to its fullness to the glory of God.
Carey also likes Pierce Pettis', "We will meet again." about meeting our loved ones in heaven.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 "It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."

No comments: